Saturday, January 5, 2008

Clarification and a Mission

America, I don't blame you for hating politics. It's amazing how many people dislike them so much that they refuse to even discuss them. I guess I can't blame you, but what I want you to realize is that a political discussion does not have to be an argument. Though I am frequently critical of the establishment, I realize that I live in one of the best countries in the world. We have so much to be grateful for. In this new year I am thankful that despite so many blessings, I can still find so much to complain about. But I am more thankful that despite never being satisfied, I am happy.
However, do not fear that I am just another blogger with an agenda. I do not have any political ambitions and will not join in and propagate party bickering. I aim to criticize the system as a whole and not individual candidates. Too many people view an attack on a candidate of the party they support akin to insulting a family member. I will try not to do that to you. Your Aunt Hill and Uncle Rudi are safe here. We talk about the issues here, not people.

No comments: